These are skinless and boneless Sockeye salmon, about 140-170g fillets. 1kg net weight, so approximately 10 in a bag. The ocean sockeye salmon have silvery flanks, a white belly, and a shiny green-blue top, giving them their “blueback” name. On the back, there may be some fine black speckles, but no large dots. Sockeye salmon is especially prized for its firm, vibrant red flesh, and bold salmony scent. Since sockeye salmon is high in magnesium, selenium, vitamins A, B, and D, as well as heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids, these fillets are ideal for dieting. Each Sockeye salmon is instantly plunged into refrigerated water to minimise bleeding, and flash-frozen to retain its peak quality. There are several ways to prepare these fillets, including pan-frying, sauteing, grilling, or using a cedar plank.
Sockeye salmon fillets have a rich texture and are renowned for their taste. This kind of salmon was described as the most salmon-like tasting. Sockeyes’ diet, which includes plankton and crustaceans including shrimp, contributes to their strong, rich salmon taste. Because of the strong salmon taste of the fillets, many salmon fans would prefer Sockeye salmon over other types of salmon.
Our responsibly harvested sockeye salmons are rich in omega 3 and provide a significant benefit in everyday life. However, before any piece of salmon reaches our stock, we go to great lengths to ensure that it follows our stringent welfare and environmental standards.
Frozen Salmon Recipe
- Thai Green Salmon Burger
- Orange and Cranberry Crusted Salmon Recipe
- Grilled Salmon Steaks Italian Style
- Fresh Pasta with Smoked Salmon
- Black Treacle Seared Salmon
- Salmon with Maple-Lemon Glaze
- Spiced salmon with chickpeas and spinach recipe
- Blackened Salmon With Corn, Tomato, And Avocado Salad
- Crusted Salmon
- Smoked Salmon And Dill Frittata
- Fresh Tomato and Salmon Pasta
- Salmon Steak Recipe, Pan Fried
- Individual Salmon En Croûte