- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 mahi mahi or salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3 medium sweet red peppers, cut into thick strips
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into thick rings and separated
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh chives
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, optional
In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat.
Add remaining oil, peppers, mushrooms, onion, lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Cook, covered, over medium heat until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally, 6-8 minutes.
Place fish over vegetables; sprinkle with pepper and remaining salt.
Cook, covered, 2 minutes longer or until heated through. Sprinkle with chives and, if desired, pine nuts before serving.
Mahi Mahi Fillets 1kg
Mahi-mahi, a Hawaiian word that means “very strong”, is a common dolphinfish.