Lovely quick and nourishing meal any time of the year.
- 1 pint semi-skimmed milk
- 1 onion halved
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 8oz undyed smoked Haddock
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 spring onions finely sliced
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8oz unpeeled new potatoes diced
- 1 oz parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tbsp low fat Greek yoghurt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 soft poached eggs
- Heat the milk in a saucepan with the onion and bay leaf. Remove from the heat and allow to infuse for 15 minutes. Return to the heat.
- When simmering, add the fish and cook for eight minutes. Remove the fish and set aside, then strain the cooking fluid.
- Cook the garlic, spring onions and thyme in the olive oil for five minutes, then add the potatoes and cooking milk and cook until the potatoes are tender, this should take about 12 minutes.
- Flake the smoked haddock, discarding any skin or bones and fold into the potato mix. Fold in the parmesan and yoghurt, then season with black pepper to taste.
- Poach the eggs in boiling water and a little vinegar
- Serve the egg on a plate topped with the smoked Haddock hash